WHO SHOULD ATTEND
OEMS & TIER 1 – 3 SUPPLIERS
With the following job titles:
- Chief Engineer - Battery Electric & Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles
- Chief Engineer, Electrified Propulsion System
- Chief Engineer, Electrical System
- Head, EV Engineering Systems
- Head of Vehicle Electrification Technology
- Head of Hybrid and EV Battery System
- Chief Scientist, Energy and Systems
- Head of Vehicle Architecture
- Head of Systems and Control Engineering
- Electrification Project Engineer
- Head of Research, Materials and Manufacturing
- Group Product Director Hybrid and Electric Systems
- Lead Engineer, Electrical Systems Engineering
- Lead Engineer, Electrified Powertrain
- Head of Body Structures / Body in White
- Battery Electric Vehicle Global Lead Engineer
- Global Battery Systems Engineering
- Battery Research Engineer
- Technical Manager - Innovation Management
- Innovation & Technology Development Manager
- Chief Engineer & Technical Leader - Energy Storage & Systems
Plus Companies Offering The Following Products & Solutions:
- Battery Manufacturers
- Thermal Management
- Sustainable Lightweight Materials
- Joining Technology
- Power Train/Drive Train
- Electrical & Software
- Battery Management Systems
- Safety Testing
- Simulation & Modelling
BENEFIT FROM PRACTICAL, OEM LED, ENGINEERING PERSPECTIVES
The 2023 BEVA USA
Battery Electric Vehicle Architectures Conference
Will Take Place On June 20-21 Live In Detroit & Online
Is there now a divide in the technology depending on the vehicle’s requirements? If so, what are the emerging design philosophies for different classes of B.E.V.? For example, what is an acceptable range for a city car versus a vehicle designed for a more extended distance, longer-distance applications? How does this impact the design philosophy for the overall vehicle, including battery pack integration and thermal optimization? And perhaps the most important critical question of all, how do you incorporate cost optimization into your whole vehicle design concept to reduce the price of the vehicle for mass-market B.E.V’s?
As automakers seek to produce vehicles that are more affordable, efficient and cost effective for the mass-market, the Battery Electric Vehicles Architectures USA Congress 2022 is pitched at the whole vehicle systems design level to help OEMS and tier 1-3 supplier partners understand the key engineering trends and new technology applications for the next generation of B.E.V.s.
For OEMs designing the next generation of B.E.V’s, minimizing wasted energy and optimizing the battery pack for weight reduction is pivotal to improving efficiency and ultimately, cost. The goal with efficiency is to lose as little electrical energy as possible when driving the electric motor. Not only for range and minimizing co2 emissions from electricity usage but to also ensure that the customer has an enjoyable and dependable driving experience, whatever the external driving and climatic conditions.
Significant efficiency gains can also be achieved from improving the trade-offs between design, aerodynamics and ergonomics – for instance - as well as optimizing vehicle design to
- Maximize Weight savings
- Balance Thermal Performance
- Maximize Aerodynamic Performance And
- Optimize Battery Pack Size and Packaging
Topics like these on improving energy efficiency, balancing thermal performance and weight reduction are amongst the key engineering themes driving many of the OEM panel presentations and case studies at BEVA 22 USA.
HOLISTIC WHOLE VEHICLE DESIGN CONCEPTS AT THE SYSTEM LEVEL
IMPROVING ENERGY EFFICIENCY, OFFSETTING BATTERY WEIGHT AND BALANCING THERMAL PERFORMANCE
This year the agenda is heavily weighted towards the mission critical areas of battery pack integration/attachment, thermal optimization and multi-function component integration - all examined at a systems level combined with more granular and technically focused sessions. Combining macro information on the bigger picture design criteria for next generation BEV’s coupled with engineering led specifics on the hot “delve down” optimization topics that are pivotal to efficiency and cost reduction.
The B.E.V.A series now in its eighth year - is the only dedicated conference focusing on optimizing the whole vehicle architecture of a B.E.V. at a system level - rather than exclusively focusing on one singular element such as thermal management or battery technology. The value of this strategic positioning is to help the community manage system integration optimization issues at a whole vehicle level.
Evaluate The Next Generation Of Battery Pack Designs
Since the last live BEVA USA conference in February 2020, new battery pack design and integration concepts have emerged. Structural battery pack engineering has received significant media attention. It is perhaps the leading example of a multi-function component that protects the battery cell and forms part of the vehicle body structure. How could the industry adopt such a concept, and does this approach represent the future? As many OEMs commit to unibody and skateboard-type configurations, what are the optimal strategies for evolving these more traditional battery pack designs to make them more lightweight and efficient?
The event also looks at holistic whole vehicle design concepts for individual market segments including:
- City Cars With Small Batteries
- Large Long Distance Vehicles With Larger Batteries
- High Performance Sports Cars.
Optimal thermal management must be considered at the system level as it is critical to the battery’s performance and the powertrain system. Too often, however, conversations about individual thermal management design options do not consider the holistic design requirements and objectives of the overall vehicle architecture. Efficient thermal management involves every system and sub-system to optimize the vehicle’s global cooling and warming performance.
Choose to Attend In-Person Or Access Online Via Live Streaming
With Connection Opportunities to the Live Audience
For the first time ever we will be utilizing an innovative Hybrid Model. Giving you the choice to attend in person or virtually using our state of the art Live Stream technology.
In Person Networking!
After such a long wait to get back in the same room as your peers. Enjoy our Evening Drinks Reception, Live Exhibitor Showcases and those chance encounters that spread ideas and build partnerships. If you have a related product or solution, contact us now (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss opportunities to elevate your brand at this event. Opportunities are limited!
Never Miss A Moment With Our Virtual Platform
Our tried and tested Live Stream Technology means you can interact with our entire 3-Day Event from the comfort of your home. Never miss an insight with the ability to play back any event. And network virtually, meet like-minded peers with our themed chat rooms or invite specific attendees to your own custom-made meeting room.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
IMPROVE ENERGY EFFICIENCY, OFFSET BATTERY WEIGHT AND MEET EVOLVING CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS
- Designing Future BEV Concepts To Profit From Global Mega Trends & Meet Customer Acceptance On Range, Performance & Affordability
- Evaluating Different Platforms & Architectures For Battery Integration (For Specific Classes Of B.E.V.)
- Exploring Standardization Of Metrics & Protocols For Battery Systems, Components & Charging Interfaces To Improve Interoperability & Ensure Smoother, More Modular Part Replacement
- Optimal Design Of Thermal Management Systems At The System Level
- Major Technology Disrupters To Make Future Electric Architectures Possible – Including BMS & Cooling Innovations
THE FUTURE OF BATTERY PACK DESIGN AND INTEGRATION
- New Developments On Interfacing Battery Technologies Within A Vehicle Architecture Including The Latest Developments On “Cell To Chassis” & “Battery Swapping”
- Optimal Battery Pack Design & Modularity
- Further Integrating Electronic Components Into The Battery Pack
- Material Selection For Battery Attachment/Enclosure & Structure
- Battery Pack Design & Modularity
IMPROVING ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND WEIGHT REDUCTION TO OFFSET HEAVY BATTERY TECHNOLOGY
- Improving Battery Management System Efficiency & Integration With The Connected Car
- Optimizing The Thermal Behaviour Of All Components & Subsystems In The Vehicle
- Evaluate The Next Wave Of New Battery Chemistries For Efficiency
- Evaluating New Breakthroughs & innovations On Thermal Efficiency To Balance The Performance Of The System
- Innovation Focus - Electric Heater Versus Heat Pump And Air Conditioning
- Introducing Multi-Functional Components Into Thermal Management Systems
PART 2 - ENSURING OVERALL ENERGY EFFICIENCY
WEIGHT REDUCTION AND SAFETY
- Optimizing Whole Vehicle Architecture To Make Better Trade Offs Between Vehicle Shape/Attractive Design, Aerodynamics, Battery Positioning & Passenger Ergonomics
- BATTERY PRODUCTION Identifying The Key Cost Drivers & Opportunities To Make Battery Production Cheaper & Sustainable
- Exploring The Future Technical Benefits Of AC Versus DC
- Integrating Sustainability & Circularity Concepts Into BEV Battery & Component Production
- Assess The Next Wave Of Solar Technologies As To Further Improve Energy Efficiency
- Technologies & Materials To Enable More Lightweight Chassis & Body Structures For The Mass Market
- Vehicle Body In White Technologies That Deliver An Improved Interior Package
- Multi-Function Components For Weight Reduction To Offset Battery Weight
OPTIMIZING EFFICIENCY OF MOTORS AND POWERTRAIN COMPONENTS
- Assess The Next Wave Of More Efficient Motor Technology & Designs
- Integrating Lighter, Multi-Function Power Train Components
- Application Of Modelling & Simulation Packages To Predict Performance Of Multi-Function Components & Sub Systems Over Time
- Optimal Configuration Of Motors & Drive Train Technologies To Maximize Efficiency
COST EFFECTIVELY REDUCING SAFETY RISK
DESIGN TECHNIQUES, NEW TECHNOLOGIES, MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- New Resistant To Fire Innovations For The Battery Packaging
- Evaluating Active Safety Systems For Further Protecting The Battery
- Simulation & Modelling For BEV Battery Safety Optimization