WHO SHOULD ATTEND
OEMS & TIER 1 – 3 SUPPLIERS
With the following job titles:
- Chief Engineer - Battery Electric & Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles
- Chief Engineer, Electrified Propulsion System
- Chief Engineer, Electrical System
- Head, EV Engineering Systems
- Head of Vehicle Electrification Technology
- Head of Hybrid and EV Battery System
- Chief Scientist, Energy and Systems
- Head of Vehicle Architecture
- Head of Systems and Control Engineering
- Electrification Project Engineer
- Head of Research, Materials and Manufacturing
- Group Product Director Hybrid and Electric Systems
- Lead Engineer, Electrical Systems Engineering
- Lead Engineer, Electrified Powertrain
- Head of Body Structures / Body in White
- Battery Electric Vehicle Global Lead Engineer
- Global Battery Systems Engineering
- Battery Research Engineer
- Technical Manager - Innovation Management
- Innovation & Technology Development Manager
- Chief Engineer & Technical Leader - Energy Storage & Systems
Plus Companies Offering The Following Products & Solutions:
- Battery Manufacturers
- Thermal Management
- Sustainable Lightweight Materials
- Joining Technology
- Power Train/Drive Train
- Electrical & Software
- Battery Management Systems
- Safety Testing
- Simulation & Modelling
An Emphasis On Solutions That Reduce Cost, Extend
Just a few benefits and reasons for attending...
BEVA USA 2023 provides a comprehensive platform for OEMs, industry experts, and technology providers to exchange ideas and collaborate. We aim to provide attendees with an unparalleled learning and networking experience, bringing forth a unique balance of strategic and technical discussions to shape the future of electric vehicle architectural integration by evaluating all design considerations.
This year, we are expanding the scope of the event to focus on the most game-changing disruptive technologies We are curating a program that brings together thought leaders, experts, and innovators to discuss and explore the future of BEVs and how to tackle the critical technical challenges.
We start by taking a step back to examine the big picture of the future of BEV architectures, discussing the strategic questions shaping the future, including the future of electric fuel cell hybrids and the impact of new technologies on the industry.
We then analyze the critical design considerations determining electric vehicles' cost, range, and performance. Cost reduction is the driving consideration this year, and we will look at ways to achieve this through integrating parts and architecture-level improvements. Our sessions will explore new technologies and techniques for optimizing the power electronics and powertrain systems, and how they can be integrated into the vehicle's overall design. We will also examine the latest advances in solid-state batteries, dual battery systems, modularization, and the potential to reduce cost while maintaining performance and safety.
In addition, our discussions will cover the latest options for swappable battery packs, fast charging, and chemistries that can extend the range of vehicles. We also look into solutions for integrating high voltage and rapid charging systems.
We dedicate a whole morning to thermal management, at a system level, exploring the latest advances in the field and providing attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the design considerations involved. From immersion cooling to cell-to-pack designs, we will cover the pros and cons of different approaches, and help attendees understand how these technologies can help improve performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Another critical area of discussion is enhancing the efficiency of Battery Management Systems (BMS) by improving the interfacing with power electronics and different powertrains and utilizing cutting-edge machine learning and AI algorithms. Exploring how these technologies can optimize BMS performance and address the challenges of fast charging and high-voltage systems integration.
We then explore the latest thermal optimization advancements, specifically in relation to diverse packaging designs and new battery technologies. Specifically looking at thermal management design criteria and its relationship with diverse battery management systems and packaging configurations. Our discussions will encompass the latest advancements in thermal cooling for diverse architectural approaches and the impact on BEVs' efficiency, cost, and safety.
Reducing overall system costs by integrating parts and architecture-level improvements. Our speakers will provide attendees with a deep understanding of the design considerations involved and help them understand how miniaturization solutions can help reduce costs, improve performance, and ensure the safety of their designs.
Safety is a top priority in the electric vehicle industry, and this year, we emphasize it. From side impact protection to advanced modeling to prevent thermal runaway, and flammability testing, a first for this event.
Exclusive Disruptive Technology Showcases
We bring together leading technology providers to showcase their cutting-edge innovations in battery management systems, thermal management, and other critical areas of electric vehicle design. Regular two-minute technology pitches positioned throughout the agenda will provide a quick and snappy overview of the key features and benefits of the latest technologies.
Building on the success of our Battery Electric Vehicles Architecture events, American Business Conferences are pleased to announce Battery Electric Vehicle Architectures (BEVA USA) 2023.
Our automotive conferences all aim to provide practical solutions on strategic, tactical and technical challenges, and over the years almost 10,000 automotive experts have taken away invaluable insight and formed business-critical connections.
Our Automotive Series is renowned globally for hosting the most OEM-led congresses all of which are designed carefully in conjunction with Engineers and Directors every year to ensure the most practical knowledge is exchanged at every event.
We always make sure delegates also come from key suppliers in the BEVA arena, so that no influential players are left out in the cost reduction drive.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
Adopting A Comprehensive Approach To Battery Integration And Architecture Design To Extend Range, Considering Cost, Safety, And Sustainability
- Prioritizing the Next Wave of Disruptive Technologies and Innovations To Extend Range & Reduce Cost
- Comparing The Benefits Of “Cell To Pack” With “Module To Pack” Battery Technology
- Solid State Batteries - Future Proofing The Battery Electric Vehicle Architecture For This Game-Changing Battery Technology
- Battery As A Structural Component - Design Considerations For Integration Of Battery As A Structural Or Load Bearing Component To Save Weight
- Exploring the Trade-Offs between Battery Sizing, Packaging, Cost, and Performance: Balancing the Advantages of Small Distributed Batteries Running In Parallel Vs. One Singular Large Battery
- Balancing Trade-Offs in Battery Electric Vehicle Design: Optimizing for Range Extension, Faster Charging, Crash Worthiness, Modularity, and Battery Servicing and Replacement
- Battery Swapping for Range Extension - Assessing Architecture Design Considerations and Evaluating Alternative Approaches From A Cost And Technical Viewpoint
- Voltage Selection & The Power Grid - Balancing Efficiency and Safety in Battery System Design
- Exploring The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Higher Voltage Systems
- Latest Developments In Battery Chemistries & Super Capacitors That Can Enable Fast Charging
- Design Considerations For Introducing Fuel Cell Technology For Range Extension and Performance Improvement During The Transition To Hydrogen
Improving The Efficiency Of The Thermal System Design, For Multiple Powertrains
- A Modular Design Approach To Thermal Management
- Optimizing The BMS & Battery Interface To Ensure Efficient Delivery To The Powertrain
- Exploring Cost-Effective Thermal Management Strategies For A Range Of Battery Packaging Designs And Modular Cooling Solutions
- Design Requirements for Solid-State Batteries
- Improving Thermal Management In Skateboard Battery Packaging Designs
- Efficient Thermal Management for Small Modular Battery Layouts: Strategies and Considerations
- Navigating Thermal Management Challenges For Advanced Battery Chemistries To Ensure Commercial Viability
- Determining The Most Appropriate BMS Configuration Based On The Design Of The Powertrain, Battery Packaging, And User Requirements Of The Car
- Tailoring the BMS To Different Packaging Designs
- Use Of AI And Machine Learning Algorithms To Predict Battery Performance Degradation And Schedule Maintenance Accordingly
- Improving The Efficiency Of The Power Electronics Used In Electric Vehicles To Help Reduce Energy Losses And Improve Range
- Solutions For Cost-Effective Flammability Testing Of Lithium-Ion Batteries